As you examine these images, focus on the staining characteristics of the structures (i.e., organelles) within the cells, and try to relate these to the function of the cells. We will begin to examine the first of the basic tissues, epithelia, which was discussed in Unit 2; The epithelia, as well as connective tissues, will be covered in more detail in Lab 2.
Click on links below for specific slides covered in Lab 1.
- Liver: Slide WSU_2_052
- Equine Blood: Slide WSU_1_007
- Skeletal Muscle: Slide WSU_1_041b
- Spinal Cord: Slide WSU_1_056
- Pancreas: Slide WSU_2_060
- Equine Testis: Slide WSU_3_003
- Tracheal Epithelial Cells: Slide WSU_1_003
- Trachea: Slide WSU_2_068
- Intestinal Epithelial Cells: Slide WSU_1_002
- Jejunum: Slide WSU_2_037
- White Fish Blastula: Slide WSU_3_092