Taking it to the Next Level
You're considered a transfer student for admission purposes if you have attended college after the summer following high school graduation.
Ready to Apply?
- Follow the instructions and fill out the Application for Admission
- Apply for WSU Scholarships
- Complete the FAFSA and any other required financial aid documents by the stated deadlines.
- Check out what coursework you may still need to complete an AA or AST or to get the credit you want to have before transferring to WSU in the WSU Transfer Equivalency Database.
- Watch your mail and email for notices, requests, and more information from WSU, including your letter of acceptance!
Tips for Transferring to WSU:
- Decide whether or not you will be completing your associate’s degree before transferring to WSU. Whether or not your associate’s degree is complete, and the type of degree you have determines which courses you must take at WSU.
- Don’t worry if you won’t finish your AA or AST degree before coming to WSU! If you have just one or two courses left, WSU courses may be able to transfer back to the community college to complete your associate’s degree.
- Before registering at the Community College each semester, check the WSU transfer credit equivalency database to see whether the courses you plan to take will transfer to WSU and/or give you the credit you want.
- Use your resources: there is information on the WSU website about almost any question you could ask regarding transferring your credits. If you can’t find what you are looking for, call or send an email to Admissions.
- Be prepared for a whole new culture. You may be living on campus for the first time, or attending classes that are bigger (or smaller) than what you are used to. Having good study habits and learning to expect the unexpected can really help with the transition to life at WSU!
- Check out WSU's Transfer Center for answers to all of your questions on transferring or being a student at WSU.
For more information about transferring to WSU and planning your credits,
please visit our transfer admissions website.